How our hiring process works
The Hamilton School District uses the online Wisconsin Education Career Network (WECAN) to screen candidates for available employment opportunities.
To view all open positions, please go to WECAN
- All completed applications reside in a centralized database. A completed application includes the online application form and required materials and documents uploaded in a compatible form.
- As positions open in the district, school principals or supervisors search the database for active application records and select candidates to interview.
- Applicants are interviewed, usually by a team of school district employees and administrators. Depending on the position, the interview team may include parents, community members and others.
- A representative of the interview team notifies all applicants who were interviewed regarding the hiring decision.
Please select a job category to search for available positions.
Administrator – District staff, principal, associate principal
Certified staff – Teacher, guidance counselor, social worker, school psychologist
Support staff – Paraprofessional, administrative assistant, executive assistant, summer secretarial assistant, Hamilton Fine Arts Center personnel, athletics & activities, food service
Custodial staff – Cleaner, custodian, maintenance & groundskeeper
Kitchen employee – Assistant cook, associate kitchen employee, head cook, substitute cook
Seasonal staff — Seasonal student (custodial assistant)
The Hamilton School District provides equal educational and employment opportunities. The District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal laws or regulations, in any of its programs or activities, applications for admission, or employment.
The District is required by Title IX and Part 106 of Title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations not to discriminate on the basis of sex in the education programs or activities operated by the District, and this requirement extends to admission and employment. The District provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The District has designated and authorized the following individual as the person responsible for coordinating the District’s efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX and other state and federal nondiscrimination laws, including investigation of any complaints alleging a violation of Title IX or other discrimination:
Title IX Coordinator:
Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development
Hamilton School District
W220N6151 Town Line Road
Sussex, WI 53089
Any questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator or to:
U.S. Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights
230 S. Dearborn, 37th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
(312) 730-1560 or OCR.Chicago@ed.gov
Please refer to School Board Policy 511 – Discrimination and Harassment of Employees Prohibited for additional information, including additional prohibited bases of discrimination and compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.