Visit Woodside Elementary School and the first thing you will notice is the warm, friendly nurturing environment that comes from staff and students. While it appears to be physically big, the school feels small and family-oriented because everyone cares, learns and grows together here. Our students understand our vision and live it in a kind and compassionate way each day. A strong academic foundation that stretches student learning coupled with well-rounded experiences prepares students to be productive future citizens and leaders.
Registering for the 2019-20 school year
Online registration for the 2019-20 school year will open on Aug. 1 when all families should log into their Infinite Campus parent portal account to verify or update information about their children.
More registration information and forms are available here.
After completing registration information, families should log back into Infinite Campus to pay school fees.
- Aug. 1-11 – Infinite Campus open for registration information verification and fee payment
- Aug. 6 – Templeton and Hamilton student schedules posted on Infinite Campus
- Aug. 8 – Operation Backpack distribution 9 a.m.–noon and 5–7 p.m.
- Aug. 11 – Deadline for transportation changes – requests after deadline will not go in effect until the third week of school
- Aug. 23 – Elementary and intermediate school teacher assignments posted on Infinite Campus
- Sept. 3-4 – Elementary and intermediate school Great Start Conferences
- Sept. 3-6 – Willow Springs Great Start Conference
- Sept. 3 – Templeton and Hamilton students’ first day of school
- Sept. 5 – Elementary and intermediate students’ first day of school
- Sept. 9 –Willow Springs students’ first day of school
Report Cards posted on Infinite Campus June 14
Report cards will be posted on Infinite Campus June 14. Parents are able to view and print them through the Infinite Campus portal until July 17.
To access report cards:
- log into your Infinite Campus parent portal account;
- select your child’s name at the top;
- click on the REPORTS tab;
- choose the grade level report card; and
- right-click the PDF file of the report card to save or print it, if desired.
Parents who forgot their passwords, who are not able to log in, or have questions about their Infinite Campus account, should send a message to email@example.com.
Information Technology staff members will respond to requests for help weekdays until 4:30 PM. Helpdesk support is not available nights and weekends.
New school hours for 2019-20 school year
With the addition of the new intermediate school, and added bus routes, the start and end times for the elementary schools have been altered. Beginning in the 2019-20 school year, here are the new hours:
- 8:35 a.m. – Earliest drop off
- 8:40 a.m. – First bell / Start of school
- 8:50 a.m. – Tardy bell
- 3:50 p.m. – Dismissal
2019-20 Great Start conference information
This fall we will be holding our first Great Start conferences on Tuesday, Sept. 3 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Wednesday, Sept. 4 from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Similar to Jump Start conferences at Willow Springs, all 5K through 4th grade students and their parents will have the opportunity to meet with their teacher for a one-on-one conference.
In early August you will receive an email from your child’s school that includes two links — one to sign up for a 30 minute conference time and another to complete a linked Great Start Parent Questionnaire.
Both the student and at least one parent should attend the conference. Conferences will last approximately 30 minutes in length and will provide an opportunity for the following to take place prior to the student’s first day of school:
- Meet your child’s teacher to begin building a positive relationship
- Children will complete a beginning of the year reading assessment
- Computer labs will be available for you to update your Infinite Campus portal
- School pictures will be taken before or after your child’s conference
- Drop off school supplies and set up your child’s locker
- Visit Home & School table to purchase spirit wear and learn about school events
We anticipate that the entire process will take approximately 60 minutes. We look forward to providing this opportunity for you and your child to have a “Great Start” to the 2019-20 school year!