Visit Woodside Elementary School and the first thing you will notice is the warm, friendly nurturing environment that comes from staff and students. While it appears to be physically big, the school feels small and family-oriented because everyone cares, learns and grows together here. Our students understand our vision and live it in a kind and compassionate way each day. A strong academic foundation that stretches student learning coupled with well-rounded experiences prepares students to be productive future citizens and leaders.
WOLF pack event rescheduled for Sept. 25
Last week’s rainout of the inaugural Woodside Outdoor Learning Family (WOLF) event has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Sept 25 at 5:30 p.m. If the weather is inclement, we will meet in the LGA. Otherwise, we will meet behind the school near the garden. Please see the official agenda and requested RSVP. Don’t forget your bug spray!
Traffic recommendations to Woodside
To ensure that families have a positive travel experience the first few months of school, we want to update you on the status of construction on Good Hope Road in Sussex. The Village of Sussex has provided information to pass along to drivers who normally use Good Hope Road to get to school.
- The intersection on Good Hope and Woodside Roads will be gravel and passable, but the recommended route to Woodside Elementary will be to enter from the north via Plainview Road.
- If coming to Woodside Elementary School from south of Good Hope Road, families should travel north on Maple Avenue to Plainview Road and then south on Woodside Road to the school.
- Those who live north of Good Hope Road and west of Woodside Road should take Town Line Road to Plainview Road.
- Expect that the additional travel will add about five minutes to your trip to Woodside Elementary Schoo
- All traffic westbound on Good Hope Road from Maple Avenue to Woodside Road is shut down. Only those who live on Good Hope Road will be able to travel eastbound.
We hope these recommendations will make for smooth travel experiences to school through November when Good Hope Road construction is expected to be complete.