One of the highest achieving schools in Wisconsin each year, Marcy Elementary School couples high expectations with a safe, caring environment. Children at Marcy are surrounded by people who are truly committed and dedicated to their success. Along with a focus on strong academics, we put a priority on building character and citizenship. We would love you to visit Marcy Elementary!
Registering for the 2019-20 school year
Online registration for the 2019-20 school year will open on Aug. 1 when all families should log into their Infinite Campus parent portal account to verify or update information about their children.
More registration information and forms are available here.
After completing registration information, families should log back into Infinite Campus to pay school fees.
- Aug. 1-11 – Infinite Campus open for registration information verification and fee payment
- Aug. 6 – Templeton and Hamilton student schedules posted on Infinite Campus
- Aug. 8 – Operation Backpack distribution 9 a.m.–noon and 5–7 p.m.
- Aug. 11 – Deadline for transportation changes – requests after deadline will not go in effect until the third week of school
- Aug. 23 – Elementary and intermediate school teacher assignments posted on Infinite Campus
- Sept. 3-4 – Elementary and intermediate school Great Start Conferences
- Sept. 3-6 – Willow Springs Great Start Conference
- Sept. 3 – Templeton and Hamilton students’ first day of school
- Sept. 5 – Elementary and intermediate students’ first day of school
- Sept. 9 –Willow Springs students’ first day of school
Use the Marcy Summer Resources website!
Marcy Elementary is excited to announce that we are making the Marcy Summer Resources website available for the third year. Parents and students can access this site to help keep reading and math fresh over the summer. The site includes book recommendations from Marcy teachers, audio of Marcy staff reading book excerpts, ideas about how to keep reading and writing fun and much more!
New school hours for 2019-20 school year
With the addition of the new intermediate school and added bus routes, the start and end times for the elementary schools have been altered. Beginning in the 2019-20 school year, here are the new hours for Marcy:
- 8:35 a.m. – Earliest drop-off
- 8:50 a.m. – Start of school
- 3:50 p.m. – End of day
Congratulations, Mrs. Trawicki!
Michele Trawicki was selected the 2019 Wisconsin Elementary School Principal of the Year by the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators (AWSA). Mrs. Trawicki, who has been Marcy’s principal since 2008, was presented with the award April 5 at a surprise presentation in front of her staff, Hamilton School Board members and family.
In a written statement, AWSA Executive Director Jim Lynch characterized her as an effective school leader who is known for her ability to form strong teams of teacher-leaders who relentlessly work to raise student achievement and engage parents and families in the learning process.
For more information and photos, please see the news release.
Marcy nominated as National Blue Ribbon School
Marcy has been nominated for the distinguished National Blue Ribbon School award. National Blue Ribbon Schools are public and non-public elementary, middle and high schools that are producing outstanding results for all students. The National Blue Ribbon Schools recognition program is part of a larger U. S. Department of Education effort to identify and disseminate knowledge about effective school leadership and promising instructional practices.
A school can be nominated by the state under two categories: Exemplary High Performing School or Exemplary Achievement Gap-Closing School. Marcy qualifies for both categories, but has been nominated as an exemplary high performing school. Notification of awards will be in early September. This is an amazing honor for our community and we are very proud of our school.