One of the highest achieving schools in Wisconsin each year, Marcy Elementary School couples high expectations with a safe, caring environment. Children at Marcy are surrounded by people who are truly committed and dedicated to their success. Along with a focus on strong academics, we put a priority on building character and citizenship. We would love you to visit Marcy Elementary!
Winter gear needed to bundle up
Now that the weather is changing, please send warm outdoor clothing to school with your children. Students go outside for recess unless the wind chill and/or temperature is below 0 degrees.
Please make sure your child has a warm coat, hat or earmuffs, and gloves/mittens (preferably waterproof). Once there is snow on the ground, students will also be required to wear warm boots and snow pants outside. Just a reminder to be sure all items are clearly marked with your child’s name.
Be prepared for school closings
Now that winter is upon us, it’s a good time to plan for potential school closings due to inclement weather. Families should prepare for the possibility of unexpected closings by keeping contact information in Infinite Campus up-to-date and having a plan they review with their children to ensure they have a safe place to be if school is cancelled.
The automated system:
- typically calls between 5:15 a.m. – 6:15 a.m. if school is cancelled or delayed;
- will call up to five different numbers provided, including home, work and cell phone numbers;
- will leave a message if an answering machine picks up;
- is not able to dial extensions, advance through an automated attendant message system or call toll-free numbers; and
- does not contact people designated as emergency contacts such as grandparents or neighbors.
In general, schools close when temperatures reach a wind chill “warning” –35 degrees below zero or colder with winds at least four miles per hour for three or more hours. Expect schools to be open during a wind chill “advisory” when wind chill temperatures are 20-34 degrees below zero.