Imagine a school where all students are welcomed, included and celebrated. When you walk through the doors at Lannon Elementary School you understand why families want to send their children here. “Make Them Never Want to Miss a Day” is the motto of staff who care about all of our families and find meaningful ways to connect students to learning. We provide a supportive learning environment with opportunities to learn from failure while promoting each child’s individual strengths. The results are a positive, caring school with outstanding academic performance.
Make your plans to join us on Wednesday, June 12
Join us for our celebration on the last day of school on Wednesday, June 12, what students commonly refer to as “the best of the year.” Come for lunch or volunteer assisting with face painting, facilitating an outdoor activity, or supervising our bounce house.
If you plan on ordering hot lunch with your child please notify the office by Monday, June 10. You can pay either with cash ($3.60) or use your child’s lunch account.
2019-20 Great Start conferences
This fall we will be holding our first Great Start conferences on Tuesday, September 3 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Wednesday, September 4 from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Similar to Jump Start conferences at Willow Springs, ALL 5K through 4th grade students and their parents will have the opportunity to meet with their teacher for a one-on-one conference.
In early August you will receive an email from your child’s school that includes two links — one to sign up for a 30-minute conference time and another to complete a linked Great Start Parent Questionnaire.
Both the student and at least one parent should attend the conference. Conferences will last approximately 30 minutes in length and will provide an opportunity for the following to take place PRIOR to the student’s first day of school:
- Meet your child’s teacher to begin building a positive relationship
- Children will complete a beginning of the year reading assessment
- Computer labs will be available for you to update your Infinite Campus portal
- School pictures will be taken before or after your child’s conference.
- Drop off school supplies and set up your child’s locker
- Visit Home & School table to purchase spirit wear and learn about school events
We anticipate that the entire process will take approximately 60 minutes. We look forward to providing this opportunity for you and your child to have a GREAT START to the ’19-’20 school year!
Medication pickup reminder
As the end of the year approaches, please remember any medications stored in the office need to be picked up before the end of the school year. This includes any over the counter medication (i.e. Tylenol, Tums, cough drops, etc. or prescription medication.)
Any medication not picked up from the office by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12 will be discarded.
After school club information
Spanish Club: Mondays, 3:50 – 4:50 p.m. (specific dates to be released at the start of the school year)
Library books due May 29, lost book bills to be emailed
Please be sure to have your children return ALL Lannon library books by Wednesday, May 29. Don’t forget to check for books under beds, on bookshelves, at Grandma’s house, daycare and the babysitter’s house too. Bills for any lost library books will be emailed to you. Thank you for respecting our library collection. We are fortunate to have so many wonderful resources for students to learn from and enjoy! In the last weeks of library, all students are learning about the wonderful Summer Reading Program at the Pauline Haass Public Library. The program starts June 1. Keep reading this summer!
Mrs. Sherri Morrill
Lannon Library Media Specialist
SOS offers programs for school-age children
Sussex Outreach Services (SOS) offers two programs specifically for families with school-age children.
- Operation Backpack provides basic school supplies. Families can sign up beginning in late June by contacting SOS at (262) 347-3562 or email@example.com. Pick-up will be Aug. 8 from 9 a.m. – noon and 5 -7 p.m.
- Blessings in a Backpack will be offered in 2019-20 and provides children with a bag of kid-friendly food on Fridays. Completed sign-up forms should be returned to SOS or the school office.
Fees, lunch prices listed for 2019-20
Following are fees and lunch prices in effect for the 2019-20 school year:
- Kindergarten 4K, half-day – $30
- Kindergarten full day – $65
- Elementary – $65
- Intermediate and middle school – $75
- High school – $90
- Chromebooks technology fee
- Grades K-4 – $25
- Grades 5-12 – $40
- Middle school sports – $60 per sport
- High school sports – $75 per sport
- High school student parking $200 per year
No caps or family maximum exist.
Lunch prices will remain at:
- Elementary lunch – $2.60
- Intermediate, middle and high lunch – $2.95
- Milk – 35 cents
- Adult meal – $3.60