Imagine a school where all students are welcomed, included and celebrated. When you walk through the doors at Lannon Elementary School you understand why families want to send their children here. “Make Them Never Want to Miss a Day” is the motto of staff who care about all of our families and find meaningful ways to connect students to learning. We provide a supportive learning environment with opportunities to learn from failure while promoting each child’s individual strengths. The results are a positive, caring school with outstanding academic performance.
Greetings from technology class
As summer draws near, and children have more hours of unstructured time, I would like to share some things to keep in mind while they are using technology devices and the internet.
What can you do to protect your children?
- Monitor your child’s amount of screen time. Some standard guidelines are no more than 2 hours daily. This includes TV viewing, video games, tablet usage, and internet.
- It is recommended that your child’s technology device be in close proximity to the rest of the family in a common area.
- Learn about parental controls and how to “lock” down certain computer apps you deem inappropriate. Learn about age limits that are recommended by the program/app.
- Ask what your child/children are doing online. It’s important you understand what websites, apps, and social media platforms they are using.
- Check their privacy settings. Make sure they know how to make their profiles private so they are not sharing personal information with strangers.
- Make sure kids and parents alike know when and how to report and block any malicious or inappropriate messages or posts.
- Remind kids to be careful about over-sharing personal information such as their school, telephone number, or anything that identifies where you might live. Do not allow them to use full names for profiles. Avoiding any part of their name is best whenever possible.
- Have regular conversations with your children about the risks they may be exposed to and how to deal with them, such as cyberbullying or online stranger danger, and ensure they feel comfortable coming to you if they see anything upsetting or inappropriate.
There are many valuable links to help you muddle through the ever-changing, online world your children are growing up in. Here are a few helpful links:
Mrs. Kleist’s Technology Tools will remain live all summer, and students are welcome and encouraged to utilize the plethora of educational games and activities that are linked there. I use this website during the school year to supplement and enhance learning concepts for all elementary students as well as offer safe and educationally sound options for students to have fun using technology. The link for that website is https://sites.google.com/a/hamilton.k12.wi.us/mrs-kleist-s-technology-tools/. Students can also access this site, along with Wixie, Typing Agent, and other links in their Hamilton Bookmarks by logging in to the Google Chrome browser and their Google account. Their username to log in to Google is their 7-letter firstname.lastname@example.org and their password is the same as their school network password they’ve used all year long.
Enjoy and have a wonderful and safe summer with your families!
Online registration verification to take place in August
Hamilton School District families will register online for the 2018-19 school year through Infinite Campus. Families with children already enrolled in the district will log into Infinite Campus Parent Portal in August. New families will access registration functions through a link on the district website.
Parents can expect to receive an email or letter in July with specific information on the registration verification process which will open in early August.
Parents who do not have an active Infinite Campus Parent Portal account can get assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Summer vacation is almost here! I hope every Lannon family gets an opportunity to spend quality time together. Try to encourage ‘unplugging’ by setting the example. There is a BIG beautiful world out there. Go and experience it! There is no time like the present. Your children will be grown before you know it. Enjoy them now.
All the best for a safe and relaxing summer,
firstname.lastname@example.org | (262) 255-6106 x2254
Home & School coordinators needed for 2018-19
Are you looking to get more involved with your child’s education? Home & School has lots of opportunities available for the 2018-19 school year and we need your help! See this flyer for more details and open coordinator positions.
Fees, lunch prices for 2018-19
Following are fees and lunch prices in effect for the 2018-19 school year:
|Kindergarten 4K, half-day||$30|
|Kindergarten full day||$65|
|Chromebooks technology fee
|Middle school sports||$60 per sport|
|High school sports||$75 per sport|
|High school student parking||$200 per year|
No caps or family maximum exist.
Lunch prices will remain at:
|Middle and high lunch||$2.95|