Additional special education teacher approved
There is a need for an additional (1.0 FTE) special education teaching position at Woodside Elementary School due to increased student needs and staffing challeges at the elementary schools.
Board-certified behavioral analyst approved
There is an increasing number of students in our school district who are experiencing high levels of emotional dysregulation and/or behavioral needs. The board-certified behavioal analyst (.72 FTE) would support students with high levels of emotional regulation needs and behavioral challenges by conducting observations of the students, working directly with them, and supporting these needs directly.
Lannon Elementary in School Spotlight
Lannon Elementary School Principal Brian Balfany presented a School Spotlight video that explained how workshop models are used in classrooms to address the needs of all learners.
Timeline established for 2023-24 budget
The School Board approved the district’s 2023-24 budget timeline that includes:
- Nov. 30 – Employee forum to solicit input prior to development of the budget at 4 p.m. in high school library;
- Feb. 3 – Administrators submit budgets;
- March 20 – Opportunity for community to provide input on the budget at 6:15 p.m. at high school;
- April 17 – School Board reviews budget first draft;
- May 15 – School Board approves final draft of the budget; and
- Aug. 21 – Annual meeting where citizens approve tax levy.
School Board election calendar released
The schedule for the 2023 spring election was released. Two Board of Education seats will be open for school board members during spring election: one Village of Lannon seat and one At-Large seat.
This election schedule includes:
- Jan. 3 – deadline for candidacy declaration and nominations papers;
- Feb. 21 – primary election if needed;
- April 4 – spring election; and
- April 24 – taking office.
In personnel matters
The School Board approved the resignations of:
- Lisa Benishek, grade 7 teacher at Templeton Middle School, effective Nov. 11;
- Stephanie Dillemuth, paraprofessional special services at Woodside Elementary School, effective Nov. 11;
- Sean O’Dwyer, custodian I, p.m. part-time at Marcy Elementary School, effective Nov. 4; and
- Marina Samens: paraprofessional special services at Maple Avenue Elementary School, effective Nov. 18.
The School Board approved the retiremenets of:
- Cynthia Rossman, executive assistant, business services for the Hamilton School District, effective Jan. 20;
- Charles DuFrane, grade 6 math & science teacher at Silver Spring Intermediate School, effective at the end of the 2022-23 school year; and
- Kristen Gardipee, special education teacher at Templeton Middle School, effective at the end of the 2022-23 school year.
The School Board approved the appointments of:
- Galen Vine, paraprofessional – special services at Silver Spring Intermediate School, effective Oct. 24;
- Buffi Wargolet, speech pathologist – replacement at Woodside Elementary, Marcy Elementary and Maple Avenue Elementary Schools, effective Nov. 28;
- Vauhn Morris, paraprofessional – special services at Templeton Middle School, effective Nov. 14;
- Connie Soyk, custodian I, p.m. at Woodside Elementary School, effective Nov. 21;
- Kim Nowak, paraprofessional – special services at Woodside Elementary School, effective Dec. 5; and
- Susan Winters, executive assistant, business services for the Hamilton School District, effective Dec. 19.