Strategic Plan focused on 4 areas
School Board members reviewed the Hamilton School District’s 2023-2026 Strategic Plan that includes the four priority areas of:
- systems and learning assessment;
- social and emotional wellness;
- workforce and organizational wellness; and
- facility and technology long-range planning.
The new Strategic Plan was created May 23, June 1 and June 13 in the Hamilton High School LGA by district stakeholders including students, parents, community members and employees.
Seniors & Students Program highlighted
Seniors & Students is a volunteer program designed to recruit, train and place senior citizen volunteers age 55 and older in the Hamilton School District. Since 1998, volunteers have been working with teachers and other staff to support student learning. The long-standing program is incredibly impactful and helps the district remain connected to and engaged with community members who no longer have children enrolled in our schools. Senior citizens interested in joining the program are encouraged to contact the Hamilton School District Communications Department.
Various reports, documents approved
Many reports and documents were approved including:
- student handbooks;
- employee handbooks;
- high school National Honor Society handbook;
- Hamilton 2022-23 co-curricular handbooks;
- membership in the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association;
- District emergency nursing services policies and procedures;
- emergency protocol for stock epinephrine;
- management plan for students with life-threatening allergies;
- bloodborne pathogens procedures;
- special education procedures handbook; and
- an update on District Coaching Initiatives.
Board members approved the appointments of:
- Joe Trampusch, Custodian I, p.m. at Templeton Middle School, effective July 17;
- Lauren Heinen, General Music Teacher at Maple Avenue Elementary School, effective August 23;
- Donovan Kehoe, Custodian I, p.m. at Hamilton High School, effective July 10;
- Sarah Stohs, Special Education Teacher – Cross Categorical at Lannon Elementary School, effective August 23;
- Megan Jakubowski, Instrumental Music Teacher at Silver Spring Intermediate School, effective August 23; and
- Kristin Miller, Communication Arts Teacher at Hamilton High School, effecctive June 15.
Board members approved the retirements of:
- Jeffrey Pringle, Custodian I, p.m. Part-time at Marcy Elementary School, effective June 8; and
- Warren Fisher, Custodian II, p.m. Full-time at Maple Elementary School, effective June 9.
Board members approved the resignations of:
- Deena AL-Wathiqui, Paraprofessional Special Services at Hamilton High School, effective end of 2022-23 school year;
- Evan Hetrick, Custodian I, p.m. at Hamilton High School, effective June 16;
- Denice Giovan, Associate Kitchen Employee at Hamilton High School, effective June 8;
- Vance Dahl, General Music Teacher at Silver Spring Intermediate School and Maple Avenue Elementary School; effective June 9;
- Patrick Curtis, Custodian I, p.m. at Hamilton High School, effective June 9;
- Shelby McDougal, School Counselor at Silver Spring Intermediate School, effective June 14; and
- Joseph Ray, Social Studies Teacher at Hamilton High School, effective June 15.