Hamilton High School and Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) are helping ten students get a jump start on their careers while earning both high school and college credits. Students accepted to the highly competitive Dual Enrollment Academy will be at WCTC from 8 a.m. – noon every day during their senior year and attend high school at Hamilton for their fourth block class.
The students enrolled are:
- Samantha Loveday – information technology systems;
- Chloe Tonn – firefighter/EMT;
- Nathaniel Behrndt and Andrew Swope – tool and die;
- Logan Ebel and Jackson Zimmerman – welding; and
- Samantha Beaulieu, Litzy Hernandez, Mason Pronath and Kayden Vandermolen – criminal justice.
After successfully completing the program, students earn a WCTC certificate or diploma and high school credits.
The Dual Enrollment Academy helps ease the transition from high school to postsecondary education, providing insight into college academics and a jump-start on apprenticeship programs. This initiative also gives business and industry access to a pipeline of new, well-trained talent.