Hamilton High School Drama Society was nominated for 12 Jerry Awards for the production of “Freaky Friday.”
Hamilton students will be among southern and central Wisconsin’s top high school musical theatre performers who will gather June 12 at Overture Hall in Madison for the awards show.
Three professional reviewers attended Hamilton’s musical and provided a formal critique. Based on that critique, Hamilton was nominated for:
- Outstanding ensemble;
- Outstanding lead performance: Shannon O’Dwyer – Ellie, Jillian Arthur – Katherine and Nicholas Mitchell – Adam;
- Outstanding supporting performance: Leah Wysocki – Fletcher, Callen Kluender – Mike, Ava Lally – Savannah and Lily Krehbiel – Torrey;
- Outstanding direction: Sarah Plamann;
- Outstanding musical direction: Tyler Schoemann;
- Outstanding costume design: Darcy Devans; and
- Outstanding stage crew.
Jerry Awards, a Wisconsin High School Musical Awards Program, encourages, recognizes and honors excellence in high school musical theatre. They are the high school equivalent of Broadway’s Tony Awards.
Sarah Plamann is a district music teacher and the Hamilton theatre and choir director.