Eleven Hamilton Band students received the highest rating of 1* on the most difficult Class A music in the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) Virtual Solo Festival which replaced the in-person district festival this year.
The following students qualified for state competition:
- Ella Chevalier, horn;
- Elisabeth Fischer, clarinet;
- Will Hartman, trumpet;
- Matthew Lehner, violin;
- Spencer Margolis, horn;
- Maja Pechanach, clarinet;
- Nicholas Peterson, drum set;
- Brooke Tlachac, flute and violin;
- Mia Traverse, alto saxophone;
- Ashley Velasquez, clarinet; and
- Cynthia Yan, flute;
In addition, the following students participated and received a rating of:
- 1 on Class A – Maya Bell, alto saxophone; Owen Davies, trombone; and Jack Musialowski, tenor saxophone;
- 2 on Class A – Holly Bahr, bass clarinet; and
- 1 on Class B: Katelyn Loveday, bass clarinet.
Students submitted performance videos of their solos. WSMA sent them to an adjudicator who returned important feedback for growth as well as a rating, if requested. The WSMA state festival was also conducted virtually. For more information, please visit https://wsmamusic.org/virtualfestival/.