Six Hamilton High School art students earned awards in the 2020 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition.
Students who earned awards were:
- Kaitlyn Tyriver – Gold Key for photography;
- Lucas Wick – Gold Key for photography;
- Madelyn Mascotti – Silver Key and Honorable Mention for painting and Honorable Mention for art portfolio;
- Noelle Beffa – Silver Key for photography;
- Lea Bucksch – Honorable Mention for photography; and
- Kayla Olson – Honorable Mention for drawing and illustration.
Students will be recognized Feb. 8 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Gold Key and Silver Key artwork will be exhibited through March 15 in the museum’s Schroeder Galleria. Gold Key artwork will advance to national competition.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7 – 12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.