The Hamilton School Board is accepting applications from Butler residents interested in filling a seat on the Board. The deadline for application is February 15 at 4 p.m.
Rebecca Zingsheim, who served as the Butler representative to the School Board since 2018, has submitted her resignation effective February 1, 2023, due to the challenges of balancing a new job and School Board responsibilities.
The Hamilton School Board has seven seats representing five municipalities and two at-large posts. While District voters cast ballots for all the positions, candidates must live in the communities they represent. Candidates can live anywhere in the District to qualify for the at-large positions.
When a vacancy on the School Board occurs, the remaining members are responsible to appoint a qualified citizen to fill the position. The applicant appointed to this position must be a Butler resident and will serve until spring of 2024 when they can run for a new three-year term which would end in April of 2027.
The School Board process to fill the vacancy includes:
- February 1-15 – candidates may submit letter of application and complete Declaration of Eligibility to Hold Office as an Appointee;
- School Board holds a special meeting to interview and consider applicants;
- School Board president informs applicant of Board’s decision;
- Appointed applicant takes oath of office; and
- Appointed Board member begins their term.
Butler citizens interested in applying for the position should contact the Superintendent’s Office at (262) 246-1973 x1108.