Marcy Elementary School has a week’s worth of activities to celebrate being named a Blue Ribbon school. The school learned in September that it was one of select schools in the nation recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2019. Marcy Principal Michele Trawicki, First Grade Teacher Kim Zabel and Instructional Services Supervisor Katie Little traveled Nov. 14-15 to Washington D.C. to receive the award.
Less than one-half of one percent of schools nationwide receive the award, which is given in recognition of the school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
In addition to raffle prizes and school announcements throughout the week, the celebration includes:
- 2 – 5-minutes dance party at 3:30 p.m.
- 3 – Everyone wears blue, popcorn treats delivered to classrooms, all school assembly at 1:30 p.m. with secret guest
- 4 – Chair massages for staff, Blue Ribbon award and flag along with the school’s stuffed mascot Marcy the Eagle will travel to each classroom and photos will be taken
- 5 – Principal Trawicki will deliver Blue Ribbon pencils to each student and a special gift for each classroom, pizza lunch for staff
- 6 – Jar of blue jelly beans will travel to each classroom so that students can submit quantity guesses and potentially win the whole jar, students will get an extra afternoon recess.
Marcy is located at W180N4851 Marcy Road, Menomonee Falls.