Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned sixth place among 36 competing teams March 12 at the West Bend West Invite.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were award winners:
- Tessa Jaskolski, first place in Moments in History;
- Erin Magoon, first place in Four Minute Speaking;
- Matthew Gnanadass, second place in Extemporaneous Speaking;
- Emily Bader, third place in Special Occasion Speaking;
- Erin Magoon and Samantha Moore, finalist in Duo Interpretation;
- Ciara Cronin, finalist in Storytelling;
- Amanjot Yadev, finalist in Four Minute Speaking; and
- Kavya Ayalasomayajula and Emily Keith, finalist in Play Acting.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.