Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned sixth place among 28 competing teams Jan. 31 at the Marquette University High School Forensics Invitational.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were medal winners:
- McKenzie Fowler and Samantha Moore, first place in Play Acting;
- Danielle Kallis, first place in Special Occasion Speaking;
- Erin Magoon, first place in Four-Minute Informative Speaking;
- Ciara Cronin, second place in Story Telling; and
- Ila Avinash, fourth place in Moments in History.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.