Hamilton High School’s Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) chapter was named Chapter of the Year at the Southeastern Wisconsin DECA Career Development Conference. The Hamilton chapter finished in the top 10 overall Jan. 10 at the event at Kettle Moraine High School. It also earned the “Acts of Kindness” award for its Adopt-A-Classroom activities.
The team also came away with numerous awards and medals, and 10 students qualified for state competition.
The following students earned medals and qualified for state competition:
- Halley Greeneway and Holly Rindfleisch received four medals and placed first in the travel and tourism team marketing series;
- Lukas Ballo received five medals and placed fourth in retail marketing;
- Cody Ellis and Carson Leet received three medals and placed fourth in business law and ethics;
- Supriya Talwar received 3 medals and a high score in business services marketing;
- Christopher Ebsen and Mitchell Muehler received three medals in hospitality services marketing; and
- Kelly Rodenkirk and Sarah Vowels received three medals in hospitality services marketing.
Also competing at the conference were Aleah Jedelsky, Elizabeth Prasser, Uma Avinash, Nicole Kopish, Tyler Janus, Anthony Anderson, Sarah Bregant, Bethany Buchholz, Shaun Lena, Zachary Dumke, Sean McGiverin and John McCormick.
DECA State Competition will be March 17 – 19 in Lake Geneva.