Hamilton High School came away with 17 medals and eight students qualified for state Jan. 8 at the Southeastern Wisconsin Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) Career Development Conference. A dozen Hamilton students were among the 800 students from 32 high schools who competed at the event held at Greendale High School.
Hamilton business education teacher and DECA advisor Skip Hay congratulated the following students on their outstanding performance:
- Kayla Chambers – restaurant marketing full serve – three medals and state qualifier;
- David Paton – vehicles and petroleum marketing – two medals, a trophy, overall fourth place and state qualifier;
- Melissa Akins – restaurant marketing full serve – one medal and state qualifier;
- Angela Starz – apparel and accessories associate level – three medals and state qualifier;
- Brandin Helmers and Marissa Gross – E-commerce marketing team – four medals, a trophy, overall second place and state qualifiers;
- Breanna Knueppel and Kaitlin Librizzi – hospitality services marketing – one medal and state qualifiers;
- Lindsay Fyksen and Lisa Dardich – hospitality services management – one medal;
- Jamie Sylvester – restaurant marketing quick serve – one medal; and
- Evan Vogel – vehicles and petroleum marketing – one medal.
State qualifiers will compete in March at the DECA State Career Development Conference in Lake Geneva. DECA is an association of marketing and management students that provides opportunities to compete in more than 50 categories related to marketing and management career development.