Parents of adolescents in the Hamilton School District are invited to participate in interactive sessions where they can network, share and learn about how to raise a healthy teenager. The sessions are part of Get Connected, a program that provides information on positive parenting.
Parenting an adolescent is both isolating and scary at times. The sessions are designed to help parents navigate their children through the often stormy times of adolescence.
Following are topics suggested by parents that will be addressed in the coming year:
- January 12 – “Steering Children Away from Alcohol and Drugs” and “Effective Communication”;
- February 9 – “Appropriate Limits for Spending Time with Peer Groups” and “Remaining Close to My Teen”;
- March 2 – “Why Does My Teenager Despise Me?”;
- April 6 – “How Much Should I Trust My Child?”; and
- May 4 – “I Have Had It! Now What?”
The sessions will be 7-8:30 p.m. at Templeton Middle School, N59 W22490 Silver Spring Rd., Sussex. There is no charge to participate.
To reserve a spot in any of these sessions or to learn more about them, please contact the district’s Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse specialist, Kristin Hasbrook, at (262) 246-1973 ext. 1128 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.