If possible, please schedule medications to be given at home rather than at school.
A completed medication permission form(s) must accompany any medications that your child may require at school (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, Tylenol, etc. – one form for each medication).
- Medication permission forms for prescription medications require parent and physician signatures.
- Forms for over-the-counter medications, given at recommended strengths, require only a parent signature.
- Students who carry their own medications (Inhaler or EpiPen) must have a Medication Permission Form on file in the Health Room.
Information for medication kept at school
- Medications that will be kept or administered in the health room must be brought in by the parent or guardian in the original container.
- Please drop off all completed medication forms with the medication needed at your individual school office at the start of the school year.
- Medication must be in original packaging. Provide smaller quantities of medication to minimize storage requirements if possible.
- Medications must be picked up by the parent or guardian prior to the last day of school or they will be discarded.
Health Services – Medication Forms
Here are the form(s) that will need to be completed and returned to your child’s school concerning any medications that will be administer by Hamilton School District representatives . Parent and physician signatures are required.
- Student Medication Permission
- Student Epinephrine Auto-injector Permission
- Student Asthma Inhaler Permission
These medication forms are always available on the District website under District > District forms & annual notices.