Resources Navigation

Home  →  Enrolling  →  Enrolling Your Child  →  Health Services – Medications

Health Services – Medications

If possible, please schedule medications to be given at home rather than at school.

Required Forms

A completed medication permission form(s) must accompany any medications that your child may require at school (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, Tylenol, etc. – one form for each medication).

  • Medication permission forms for prescription medications require parent and physician signatures.
  • Forms for over-the-counter medications, given at recommended strengths, require only a parent signature.
  • Students who carry their own medications (Inhaler or EpiPen) must have a Medication Permission Form on file in the Health Room.

Information for medication kept at school

  • Medications that will be kept or administered in the health room must be brought in by the parent or guardian in the original container.
  • Please drop off all completed medication forms with the medication needed at your individual school office at the start of the school year.
  • Medication must be in original packaging. Provide smaller quantities of medication to minimize storage requirements if possible.
  • Medications must be picked up by the parent or guardian prior to the last day of school or they will be discarded.

Health Services – Medication Forms

Here are the form(s) that will need to be completed and returned to your child’s school concerning any medications that will be administer by Hamilton School District representatives . Parent and physician signatures are required.

These medication forms are always available on the District website under District > District forms & annual notices.