Resources Navigation

Home  →  Enrolling  →  Enrolling Your Child  →  Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if my address is within Hamilton School District boundaries? 

Click here to review the district map and confirm the residence is within attendance boundaries. The Waukesha County tax site also indicates which school district a property is located in. 

What school will my child attend?

During the registration process you will be assigned to your correct school. The district map shows current attendance boundaries. A full list of district schools can be viewed here

Students who transfer into the school district will be accepted at the grade level recommended by the school of previous enrollment unless another assignment is determined to be in the best interest of the child. Official school records from previously attended school districts will be requested by your new school.

Are there different instructions if my child is entering kindergarten? 

An optional half-day 4K program is offered at Willow Springs Learning Center and a full day 5K program is at each of the neighborhood elementary schools in the district. Children must turn four or five years old, respectively, by Sept. 1 to participate in the 4K or 5K programs.

Kindergarten registration for 4- and new 5-year-olds opens in late January for the following fall. Families of 4- and new 5-year-old kindergartners may follow steps 1 and 2 on the Enrollment page beginning in January for fall enrollment.

My child already has siblings enrolled in the District. Do I still need to complete the enrollment process?

Yes. All students that are new to the district, regardless of whether they have siblings already attending, will need to have the same enrollment paperwork, verification of residency and date of birth.

What can I use for proof of residency? 

The list of acceptable documentation can be viewed on our proof of residency page. Please note that one item from each category must be provided; two items from the same category does not fulfill the requirement. 

Will you accept a copy of my child’s birth certificate?

No. Federal law requires that information must be recorded in-person from an original birth certificate, so copies cannot be accepted.

How do I obtain a copy of my child’s immunization record? What are the required immunizations?

Contact the child’s primary care provider to obtain an up-to-date immunization record and visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website for the latest information regarding immunization requirements.

We’re in the process of signing a lease OR building/purchasing a home in the district. Can my child start to attend? 

Yes. Please review the section “Students moving into the district within the first nine weeks of school” on the proof of residency page

We pay taxes on a property within the district. Can my child enroll? 

Residency is the address at which the child physically resides, keeps their personal belongings and receives mail. In addition, this residency must be a street address; post office boxes are not accepted. 

What if the child’s residency is not in the parent’s or legal guardian’s name? 

If families are unable to provide necessary documents because residency is not in the parent or legal guardian’s name, complete the Certificate of Residency form and submit it to the registrar.

Where can I find information on Open Enrollment for non-resident students?

Visit our Open Enrollment page and the DPI Open Enrollment home page for more information.

Who should I contact with questions or for more information? 

The District Registrar, Megan Schulz, can be reached at (262) 246-1973 x1164, or, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that summer hours vary.

Please email or call to set up your appointment. The registrar’s office is located within the District Office at Hamilton High School.

Where can I learn more about the Hamilton School District?

For more information regarding our high-achieving, low-spending school district, visit our “Community and District Profile” page. 

When are school fees applied? 

Fees are applied every August for the upcoming school year or as students enroll, if mid-year.

Parent Portal
School Fees