Application deadline Feb. 1, must be renewed each year
Parent or guardian requests for in-district transfers will be considered when the request:
- would achieve more equitable class-size balance throughout the district, within district policy and regulation limits;
- would allow the student to complete grade 4 in currently enrolled school after a change of residence within the district; or
- results from an in-district change of residence during the school year and when the affected class is below current class-size policy and regulation limits.
The following conditions apply to parent/guardian-initiated transfer requests:
- The district will provide no transportation except as required by law for students attending schools outside of their assigned home school attendance area.
- All transfers out of designated elementary school attendance areas are subject to availability of space and staff.
- Students having special education needs, present exceptions which need to be handled individually through the Special Services Office where appropriate and handled consistent with legal requirements.
- Every effort will be made to keep siblings together.
- No more than one transfer will be allowed in any school year under this provision, except for those resulting from change of residence.
Transfer requests granted under this provision are only for the school year in which the written request is made. Written requests must be renewed annually by Feb. 1 through the on-line application on the district website.