The Templeton Student Council earned five gold awards and one silver award April 18 and 19 at the Wisconsin Association of School Councils (WASC) Junior and Middle School State Conference. Individuals who earned the awards are:
- Valerie Becker, a gold award in speech;
- Karlyn Laszkiewicz, a gold award in writing.
- Sarah Warzon, a gold award for scrapbook;
- Alexander Hintz, Brian Konyn, Justin Franzen, Danica Wasser, Kelsey Gratz and Nathan Mundt (with assistance from teacher Kathy Rankin) gold award for banner;
- Danielle Schoner, gold award for the best project; and
- the Button Committee, silver award.
Samantha Runingen, Kristi Kimball, Nathan Mundt, and Caryn Knight presented a sectional to the conference on the WASC Standards of Excellence Program.
Brian Konyn, Andrew Doucette, and Alexander Hintz presented on the Templeton Student Council web page and described how other schools can start their own.
Templeton Technology Education teacher Arlyn Clarksen is the Student Council advisor.