Hamilton’s Summer Opportunities Program Guidelines and Information
We make every effort to provide appropriate and enjoyable instruction for all our students. Our goal is to offer interesting and motivating learning experiences. Students must also fulfill their role in the learning process. Responsible behavior is expected for everyone’s benefit.
Every student in Hamilton’s Summer Opportunities program has the right to: be happy, be safe, learn and be treated with understanding.
- Arrive on time for classes.
- Listen to and follow directions.
- Give your best effort.
- Treat others with respect.
- Use equipment and supplies appropriately.
If students do not meet expectations and misbehave, we will work to resolve problems. Problem solving may include:
- Discussion with a staff person.
- Parent contact.
- Removal from class.
- Repeated or serious misbehavior may result in dismissal from the Summer Opportunities program.
School begins on Monday, June 18 and ends on Wednesday, July 18. Summer Opportunities classes are not in session on Wednesday, July 4 through Friday, July 6. Remember that attendance is taken daily. To notify the Summer Opportunities office of an absence or if your child needs to leave early, please notify the office by doing one of the following:
- Submit a notification online before 9 a.m.
- Call the school before 9 a.m.
- (262) 246-6471 x1494 – students attending Hamilton High School
- (262) 246-4220 – students attending Maple Elementary School
- Have your child hand a note to their first hour teacher
Parents will be contacted if we do not receive notice prior to 9 a.m. on the day of the absence. All other inquiries, please call (262) 255-3653. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
TRANSPORTATION BY BUS
All students riding the bus will be picked up and dropped off at the same designated bus stop. Both school officials and parents must authorize any changes. Changes will only be made if space allows. Students need to:
- Be on time at the bus stop.
- Stay off the road while waiting – safe behavior is a must.
- Wait until the bus stops and board in an orderly manner, choose a seat, and remain seated and quiet during the ride.
- Follow the bus driver’s directions at all times.
- Keep hands, head and belongings inside the bus.
- Behavior infractions may result in loss of bus privileges.
Dairyland Bus Riders: Bus schedule will be mailed home during the week of June 11.
Shuttle Bus Riders: A colored bus band will be mailed home during the week of June 11. Students must wear this bus band every day during week 1 of summer school.
(Green = Woodside shuttle, Blue = Marcy shuttle, Orange = Lannon shuttle, Yellow = Village Park shuttle, Red = Maple Avenue shuttle)
TRANSPORTATION BY PARENTS – DROP OFF
Please refer to the drop-off map. Students should not be dropped off more than five minutes before their scheduled class. Supervision is not provided for students before 8:25 a.m. and will not be allowed into their classroom before this time. Students should not be dropped off in the bus-loading zone.
TRANSPORTATION BY PARENTS – PICK UP
Please refer to the pick-up map if your child is being picked up at 11:30 a.m. Park in the Fine Arts parking lot and promptly meet your child inside the cafeteria. If your child is being picked up at a time other than 11:30 a.m., park your car in the Fine Arts parking lot and meet your child inside the first cafeteria doors. This area will be supervised between classes. For safety reasons, curbside pickup is not allowed at any time.
Important: If there will be any change to your child’s end-of-the-day routine, please fill out the Pickup Permission form and have your child give it to their first hour teacher. Please make copies as needed. Without a note, your child will be instructed to follow their normal routine.
HEALTH CONCERNS – If your child may need a medication (inhaler, Epipen, etc.) to be given during school hours, please drop it off on their first day of summer school and pick it up on your child’s last day of summer school. For students attending Hamilton High School, all medication should be dropped off and picked up at the Health Room, located near the front of the building.
VISITATION – Hamilton High School will be open on Friday, June 15 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. if anyone would like to check out where their classrooms will be located.