Do you enjoy working with senior citizens and school staff? Are you interested in finding a flexible, part-time position? You may be just the person to help coordinate the Seniors & Students Program which recruits, places and supports senior citizen volunteers in the Hamilton School District.
The Hamilton School District is seeking a creative, friendly, detail-oriented, compassionate individual for this 11-month contracted position. 10-15 hours per week August-June.
Skills & qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication
- Word processing and spreadsheet knowledge
- College education or equivalent
- Experience in volunteer management, communication and special events coordination preferred
- Volunteer recruitment
- Manage intake process for new volunteers including
- Assist in volunteer event planning including
- Grandparents’ Breakfast (September)
- Fall Kick-Off Training (October)
- American Education Week Breakfast with Student Council and NHS (November)
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast (April)
- Build and cultivate relationships with senior citizen volunteers
- Determine opportunities to connect volunteers in schools
- Manage volunteer scheduling
- Manage volunteer database
- Contribute to volunteer newsletter
- Develop and update back-to-school packet for returning volunteers
- Participate in monthly planning meetings with Public Information Office staff
- Work with Public Information Office to recognize volunteers through special events and appreciation gifts
- Present at various school and district meetings regarding volunteer program.
Please submit letter of application and resume by June 11 to Denise Dorn Lindberg at email@example.com or mail to W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex, WI 53089.