Reporting a student absence
You must e-mail or call the HHS Attendance Line to report a student absence. A doctor’s note is required if the student absence total exceeds 10 days during the school year.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Call the Hamilton High School Attendance Line at (262) 246-1800 to report the absence. The HHS Attendance Line is available and accessible 24 hours a day
- Clearly state and spell your student’s name, grade, reason for absence and your relationship to the student. Please also include this information in your e-mail.
- All absences must be reported within 48 hours via e-mail, phone call or parent note.
NOTE: Please do not leave messages for students to leave school during the day on the Attendance Line or e-mail.
- Your student may check Infinite Campus for their homework.
- If unable to access Infinite Campus you may call the attendance line. All homework requests must be received by 10 a.m.
- All homework requested can be picked up from 3 – 6 p.m. outside of the high school office.
Leaving school during the day for any reason
- Please send a note with your student stating the time your student needs to leave and the reason.
- Students should turn in the note to the high school office prior to first block.
- A Leave School Permit will be issued to your student.
Doctor, dentist or court verification may be required for excused Leave School Permits.
- If the student is returning to school after the appointment, etc, please have your student report to the high school office to get a pass to class.
- Last-minute appointment only: Please call the attendance office directly at (262) 246-6471 x1194.
Students leaving school without a permit will be considered truant.
- Please fill out and sign the College/Campus Visitation Form.
- Return the form to the high school office once completed. A copy of the form will be made and the original returned to the student.
- Students will then take the form to the college and have it signed and dated.
- Upon return to school, the signed form should be dropped off in the high school office.
- Family Vacation Request Forms must be completed by the student and signed by the parent or guardian as well as each of the student’s teachers.
- Please submit the completed form to the high school office for the principal’s approval and signature 10 days prior to the vacation.
Students are responsible for arranging appropriate make-up work for the time they will be absent from school.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Enters at (262) 246-6471, x1194.