Benefits of joining theLANCE:
- Getting involved – Not all students are into sports or possess musical talent. But that doesn’t mean that they can’t get involved with their school. Joining theLANCE gets students involved on all levels – from mingling with students, to attending school events and actively participating in something that benefits the entire school body.
- Students benefit from yearbooks just as much as the schools do in creating a positive school spirit. And when kids have school spirit, they perform better as students.
- Teaches crucial life skills – Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines! Time management, prioritizing, reliability and the responsibility of following through on tasks when others are depending on you are just the tip of the iceberg of skills that students learn when working on a yearbook.
- Provides writing and journalism experience – Students build upon the fundamentals that they learn in English class. Creative experiences get the creative juices flowing and with a huge final result a hardcover book
- Great addition to a portfolio- gives an edge in an academic career
theLANCE is located in Room 13 and is open after school Mondays and during advisement Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. Student editors have the opportunity for summer training on college campuses. In the fall, editors and staff are invited to attend a journalism conference.