Summer school teaching assistant (student position)
- be at least 16 years old on the start date of the summer school session.
- be passing all of your high school classes. Proof is required in the form of a most recent report card or transcript (high school applicants only).*
- be able to be punctual and present all of the days of the summer school session.
- present a letter of recommendation from one of your high school teachers. If you are out of high school, you can present a letter from a current teacher or professor.*
- participate in an interview. Come prepared to discuss your ability to work with a diverse student population.*
- possess the ability to communicate clearly with students and adults.
- be reliable and trustworthy.
- display a positive attitude and show initiative.
- be open to direction and have the ability to multi-task.
- possess leadership skills.
- be able to perform all essential job functions without assistance.
* New applicants only
Classroom teacher, summer school coordinators
To independently, or in coordination and cooperation with the supervising teacher, provide service to the students in your assigned class.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the classroom teacher in the development and maintenance of classroom and teaching materials.
- Assists with the supervision of students during class time, emergency drills, play periods and other activities.
- Works with small groups of students to reinforce learning of skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Assists with clean-up routines.
- Distributes and collects materials used for instruction.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of the teachers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Duration of summer school program.
Performance of this position will be evaluated at the conclusion of the summer school schedule in writing by the classroom teacher and the summer school coordinators in accordance with district procedures.