Hamilton High School Library
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $60 includes $20 workbook
Sign up here
One in five youth lives with mental health issues. Become certified in youth mental health first aid.
Why Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT?
- Police officers
- Hospital staff
- First responders
- Faith leaders
- Community members
- Caring individuals
WHAT IT COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect the person with help.
- NEW: How to administer naloxone in the event of an opioid overdose.