Administrative position shaved with revised, realigned descriptions
A series of position changes School Board members approved had the net effect of reducing one full-time administrative position in the district and bringing technology consultant costs down. Here’s how the dominoes fell:
- The instructional technology/assessment coordinator position was eliminated by assigning assessment responsibilities to the supervisor of instructional services and technology responsibilities to the revised information technology manager position. The supervisor of instructional services will now report to the superintendent and will oversee the technology department.
- The director of educational services/human resources position was changed to director of human resources and organizational development with less emphasis on curriculum and instruction and more focus on personnel matters in light of a new employment scenario brought on by state legislative changes.
- The manager of information technology will handle additional supervisory and management functions.
- The network engineer/computer support technician was revised into the metwork/client support technician, and two positions were established for part-time employees to provide client support and web applications development. Outside contracting for web development was eliminated.
The district is estimated to save more than $40,000 because of the position changes.
DECA members recognized
Hamilton High School DECA members were recognized for success in qualifying for and competing at international competition. DECA advisor and business education teacher Skip Hay described the accomplishments of each student who participated in the student business and marketing association competition. Those honored were Sarah Bregant, Riley Feldmann, Elizabeth Fricke, Brooke Ihlefeld, Clinton Lampshire, Vy Nguyen, Brittany Paa and Lauren Wirsbinski.
Tuition agreement approved
School Board members approved tuition agreement with the Waukesha School District for placement of a student in a virtual school academy.
In other personnel business, the School Board:
- Approved the resignations of Hamilton administrative assistant Pamela Mason and Hamilton Special Education teacher Joseph Blanchard; and
- Appointed Murrene Payton, Daniel Tackes and Steve Akin as Summer Opportunities assistant coordinators.