Granting the most funds in its history, the Hamilton Education Foundation will allocate more than $120,000 this year for learning opportunities that support the Hamilton School District’s strategic plan and benefit its students. The grants will change the way students learn through opportunities that enhance, enrich and extend education in Hamilton schools.
The grants already approved in 2014-15 include:
- $32,665 for a super grant that funds a mindset program and pilots new curriculum materials that will promote students taking responsibility for their learning and assist in closing academic achievement gaps.
- $44,718 for a Robotel computer lab that helps high school students become fluent in the world languages they are studying.
- $19,999 for laser engraving and cutting equipment for advanced material processing in high school technology education classes.
- $16,300 for iPads and smart carts used at the elementary and high school levels to support student learning and career planning
- $2,239 for Hamilton Summer Saunters 2015 – a program to be instituted in Summer Opportunities 2015 that will get children out and active on the Ice Age Trail in southeastern Wisconsin.
- $4,473 for a variety of literature, history and reading projects at elementary and middle school levels.
- $2,395 to fund Summer Opportunities fees and transportation for targeted students.
While 2014-15 was an historic year of grant funding, HEF has issued nearly $1.3 million in grants since it was established in 1991 as a nonprofit organization. Because of the work of HEF volunteers and donors, students have experienced exciting and challenging educational, cultural and academic programs.
In addition to grants that fund school programs requested by school faculty, HEF provides grants for students to participate in enrichment opportunities in the summer, trips, workshops or seminars during the school year, and projects that promote involvement and interaction with the community.
One of HEF’s major fundraisers, the 22nd Annual Auction-Dinner, will be held from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. March 28 at Marriott Milwaukee West. Details about the event can be found on the auction-dinner flyer. Can’t attend the event? Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to HEF.
For more information about HEF and its upcoming fundraiser, go to www.hamiltoneducationfoundation.org.