Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned first place in its division Feb. 3 at the Slinger High School Invitational. It is the second time this season that the team has won the tournament.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were tournament champions and medal winners:
- Matthew Lehner, tournament champion, Impromptu Speaking;
- Shiva Senthil, tournament champion, Radio Announcing;
- Rachel Betters, second place, Special Occasion Speaking;
- Matthew Gnanadass, second place, Extemporaneous Speaking;
- Abigail Meihsner, second place, Moments in History;
- Elise Rades, second place, Farrago;
- Madison Ruplinger, second place, Informative Speaking and
- Amanjot Yadev, third place, Informative Speaking.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.