Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned first place in its division Feb. 11 at the West Bend East High School Invitational. It is the second time in three meets that the team has won the tournament.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were tournament champions and medal winners:
- Erin Magoon, tournament champion, Informative Speaking;
- Mia Leukert, tournament champion, Demonstration Speaking;
- Emily Keith, tournament champion, Special Occasion Speaking;
- Rachel Seraphine and Sean Seraphine, second place, Play Acting;
- Rachel Betters, second place, Special Occasion Speaking and
- Manola Inthavong, third place, Poetry.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.