Hamilton High School and Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) are helping 17 students get a jump start on their careers while earning both high school and college credits. Students in the Dual Enrollment Academy are at WCTC from 8 a.m. – noon every day during their senior year and attend high school at Hamilton for their fourth block class.
The students enrolled are:
- Maria Barnes, Tate Breier, Robert Sailor and James Venn – information technology systems;
- Sean Buchanan, Noah Kusserow, Morgan Middaugh, Paul Osterman, Grant Reek, Zachary Zingsheim – building construction;
- Mathew Conrad, Devan Leisten, Evrett Rachow – tool and die;
- Nicholas Cup and Tanner Polaski – welding;
- Tyler Hurd – firefighter-EMT; and
- Spencer Lee – automation.
After successfully completing the program, students earn a WCTC certificate or diploma and high school credits.
The Dual Enrollment Academy helps ease the transition from high school to postsecondary education, providing insight into college academics and a jump-start on apprenticeship programs. This initiative also gives business and industry access to a pipeline of new, well-trained talent.