Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned third place among 27 competing teams Feb. 25 at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Speech Bowl. For the first time in team history, the Hamilton forensics team scored over 300 points at an invite.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were award winners:
- Emma Stokman, tournament champion in Demonstration Speaking;
- Kavya Ayalasomayajula, second place in Solo Serious Speaking;
- Emily Berger and Maanya Kashyap, third place in Duo Interpretation;
- Malaya King, Ashley Bissen, Paige Nettesheim and Jaya Suneja, third place in Play Acting; and
- Ciara Cronin, third place in both Special Occasion Speaking and Storytelling.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.