Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned third place in its conference March 21 at the Greater Metro Conference (GMC) Tournament.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were medal winners:
- Danielle Kallis, first place in Special Occasion Speaking;
- Ila Avinash, first place in Moments in History;
- Kavya Ayalasomayajula, first place in Storytelling;
- McKenzie Fowler and Samantha Moore, first place in Play Acting;
- Ciara Cronin, second place in Storytelling;
- Rachel Betters, third place in Radio Speaking;
- Alexandra Detweiler, third place in Extemporaneous Speaking;
- Matthew Gnanadass, finalist in Extemporaneous Speaking; and
- Ashley Wittmann, finalist in Prose.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.