Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned second place March 11 at the West Bend West Invite with a total team score of 288 points and 17 entries advancing to the finals.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were award winners:
- Ciara Cronin, tournament champion in Special Occasion Speaking;
- Erin Magoon, tournament champion in Informative Speaking;
- Mia Leukert, second place in Demonstration Speaking;
- Kavya Ayalasomayajula, Emily Bader and Borna Riazi, second place in Group Interpretive;
- Jordan Koeller, second place in Informative Speaking; and
- Erin Magoon, third place in Farrago.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.