Hamilton High School band and choir members have refreshing holiday gift ideas — and their purchase will also benefit students. They are selling fresh Florida navel oranges, tangerines, Indian River ruby red grapefruit and red delicious apples.
Fruit will be packed in two box sizes — large holding approximately 40 pounds and small containing approximately 20 pounds. Available again this year is a gift trio that consists of a dozen each of delicious apples, oranges and grapefruit and the variety pack that contains a dozen each of tangerines, oranges and grapefruit.
Students are selling the fruit from Nov. 11 to Nov. 25. It will arrive on Dec. 18th and will be delivered to customers’ homes. Costs are:
- $21 for a large box of grapefruit;
- $15 for a small box of grapefruit;
- $22 for a large box of navel oranges
- $17 for a small box of navel oranges;
- $20 for a large box of juice oranges
- $15 for a small box of juice oranges
- $18 for a small mixed box of grapefruit and oranges;
- $20 for the gift trio of apples, oranges and grapefruit;
- $20 for the variety pack of tangerines, oranges and grapefruit.
The tree-ripened fruit is selected from the top 15 percent of the crop and has passed inspection by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Florida Department of Citrus. It is suitable for giftgiving. If stored in a refrigerator or cool, dry basement, the fruit should keep well for about six weeks.
To place an order, contact a Hamilton band or choir member, or call music teachers Mary Ann Porwoll or Jon Waite in the Hamilton Music Department at (262) 246-6471 ext. 1116.