Hamilton High School’s forensics team finished its regular season recently with its eighth consecutive top-three finish at area invitationals. Hamilton earned third place March 18 at the Arrowhead Invite – missing out on second place by only one point.
Tournament champions were:
- Ciara Cronin for Special Occasion Speaking;
- Jordan Koeller for Informative Speaking; and
- Matt Gnanadass for Impromptu Speaking.
Other award-winners were:
- Jack Larsen, who took second place for Impromptu;
- Matt Gnanadass, third place, Impromptu Speaking; and
- Molly Coady, third place, Moments in History Speaking.
The team has one tournament remaining – the State Speech Festival this April in Madison.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.