Eighteen Hamilton High School DECA members competed March 7-9 at the Wisconsin DECA Career Development Conference in Lake Geneva.
The following students were recognized and will represent Hamilton at the DECA International Career Conference April 26-30 in Anaheim, Calif.:
- Julia Gahr, fourth place overall, business services marketing and three medals;
- Sophia Detweiler, fourth place overall, principles of business management and two medals;
- Shiva Senthil, third place overall, principles of business management and two medals;
- Mackenzie Jene, fourth place overall, quick serve restaurant management and three medals;
- Logan Ambrookian and Andrew Tai, fourth place overall, travel and tourism marketing and three medals each; and
- Maanya Kashyap, principles of marketing and two medals.
The following students have been invited to compete at the international conference based on high test and overall scores:
- John Weber, Thrive Leadership Academy; and
- Jessica Morgan, School-Based Enterprise.
Additional students who medaled include:
- John Weber, food marketing, one medal;;
- Andrew Tai, economics excellence, first place overall and one medal; and
- Patton Germann, sports and entertainment marketing, one medal;
Business education teacher and DECA advisor Amanda Fields will accompany qualifying students, Charger Corner manager, Jessica Morgan, and future DECA officer, John Weber, to the international conference.