Hamilton High School sent 22 DECA members to the March 4-6 Wisconsin DECA Career Development Conference in Lake Geneva. Hamilton earned 48 awards and qualified 12 members to advance to the international conference.
The following students were recognized and will represent Hamilton at the DECA International Career Conference April 27-30 in Orlando:
- Maanya Kashyap, second place overall and four medals for marketing communications;
- Arushi Ranasaria, second place overall and one medal for integrated marketing campaign – product and two medals for apparel and accessories;
- Rashmi Majjigapu, second place overall and one medal for integrated marketing campaign – product;
- Maxwell Unger, third place overall and two medals for business services marketing;
- John Weber, fourth place overall and two medals for sports and entertainment marketing and two medals for integrated marketing campaign – event;
- Eric Doese, fourth place overall and two medals for accounting applications;
- Aayush Iyengar, fifth place overall and three medals for principles of finance;
- Jason Gahr, sixth place overall and two medals for entrepreneurship;
- James Richter, one medal for financial consulting and two medals for personal financial literacy; and
- Sophia Detweiler, two medals for retail merchandising.
The following students have been invited to compete at the international conference based on performance: Peyton Feudner and Gavin Kuhlenbeck, School-Based Enterprise.
Additional students who medaled include:
- Michael Maher, sixth place overall and three medals for hotel and lodging management;
- Haley Pfifer, three medals for food marketing;
- Margaret Flynn, two medals for principles of business management and administration;
- Shiva Senthil, two medals for entrepreneurship;
- Prathmesh Konda Gopinath, one medal for principles of business management and administration; and
- Matthew Lehner, one medal for human resource management.
Business education teacher and DECA advisor Skip Hay will accompany qualifying students and Charger Corner managers to the international conference.