A total of 37 Hamilton High School DECA members represented the district Jan. 9 at the Southeastern Wisconsin Career Development Conference at Kettle Moraine High School. Hamilton’s DECA group earned 38 awards and 11 students qualified for state competition.
The following Hamilton students earned recognition in their respective series:
- Carolyn Troutman, second place overall and three medals, apparel and accessories marketing;
- Julia Gahr, second place overall and three medals, business services marketing;
- Matthew Miller, second place overall and three medals, sports and entertainment marketing;
- Caitlin Bolz, fourth place overall and three medals, human resources management;
- Miranda Gammon and Kayla Muckerheide, SBE Gold Portfolio, school based enterprises;
- Andrew Tai, fourth place overall, economics;
- Yuchun Wang, seventh place overall, economics;
- Bobby Mae Cranfield and Janell Davies, event finalist and three medals, hospitality services;
- Olivia Zalog, event finalist and two medals, principles of hospitality and tourism;
- Tyler Vandermolen, event finalist and one medal, principles of marketing;
- Ella VanHaren, two medals, apparel and accessories marketing;
- Logan Ambrookian and Andrew Tai, two medals, travel and tourism;
- Yuchun Wang and Rohan Washikar, one medal, business law and ethics;
- Alexander Michalski and Gage Minor, one medal, buying and merchandising;
- Elizabeth Boney, one medal, food marketing;
- Emily Hadland and Aytana Sarria, one medal, marketing communications;
- Patton Germann, one medal, principles of marketing;
- Mackenzie Jene, one medal, quick serve restaurant management; and
- Kennedy Krenek and Jessica Wishart, one medal, travel and tourism.
Eleven competitors will advance to the state competition: Carolyn Troutman; Julia Gahr; Miranda Gammon and Kayla Muckerheide; Caitlin Bolz; Bobby Mae Cranfield and Janell Davies; Tyler Vandermolen; Mackenzie Jene; Matthew Miller; and Andrew Tai.
The State DECA Career Development Conference will be held March 8-10 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Conference Center in Lake Geneva, Wis.