Hamilton High School DECA earned 30 awards and qualified eight students for state competition. A total of 31 students recently represented Hamilton at the Southeastern Wisconsin Career Development Conference at Kettle Moraine High School. The event drew more than 800 students from 14 high schools in southeastern Wisconsin who competed in 20 different categories of business and marketing management.
The following Hamilton students earned recognition in their respective series:
- Yuchun Wang and Rohan Washikar, fourth place overall and finalist, business law and ethics;
- Therese Merkel and Grace Modl, fourth place overall and four medals, buying and merchandising;
- Emilie Givert and Hannah Hubbell, finalist and one medal, travel and tourism;
- Jennifer Jansen and Katelyn Wondolkowski, finalist and one medal, hospitality services;
- Carley Schaffer and Alexandra Raasch, one medal, hospitality services;
- Isabella Jaegersberg and Amanda Phillips, one medal, marketing communications;
- Jarrett Keen, one medal, automotive services;
- Nicholas Mirasola, one medal, principles of marketing;
- Jessica Neumann, one medal, quick service restaurant management; and
- Kashish Talwar, one medal, business services.
Eight competitors will advance to the state competition: Yuchun Wang and Rohan Washikar; Therese Merkel and Grace Modl, Jennifer Jansen and Katelyn Wondolkowski; Jessica Neumann; and Nicole Spence.
The State DECA Career Development Conference will be held March 18-20 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Conference Center in Lake Geneva, Wis.