Hamilton High School DECA earned 26 awards and qualified five students for state competition. A total of 39 students recently represented Hamilton at the Southeastern Wisconsin Career Development Conference at Kettle Moraine High School. The event drew students from 33 high schools in southeastern Wisconsin who competed in 20 categories of business and marketing management.
The following Hamilton students earned three medals in their respective series and will advance to the state competition:
- Bobby Cranfield and Janelle Davies, hospitality and tourism marketing;
- Carolyn Troutman, apparel and accessories marketing;
- Caitlin Bolz, human resources management; and
- Matthew Miller, principles of business management.
The following students earned one medal for their role play or test:
- Rohan Washikar and Yuchun Wang, business law and ethics;
- Derek Maxwell and Alec Shafer, buying and merchandising;
- Patrick Jene and MacKenzie Jene, travel and tourism;
- Julia Gahr, apparel and accessories marketing;
- Kaitlyn Pilo, apparel and accessories marketing;
- Joshua Ghelfi, business services marketing;
- Zachary Nichols, food marketing; and
- Jessica Neumann, quick serve restaurant marketing.
The State DECA Career Development Conference will be held March 10-11 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Conference Center in Lake Geneva, Wis.