Hamilton High School DECA earned 13 awards and qualified eight students for state competition. A total of 19 students recently represented Hamilton at the Southeastern Wisconsin Career Development Conference at Kettle Moraine High School. The event drew more than 750 students from southeastern Wisconsin who competed in 19 different categories of business and marketing management.
The following Hamilton students earned medals and qualified for state competition in their respective series:
- Alan Mamerow, first place overall trophy and four medals, automotive services marketing;
- Brianna Stubler, fourth place overall trophy and four medals, food marketing;
- Kashish Talwar, two medals, business services marketing;
- Jessica Neumann, one medal, quick serve restaurant marketing;
- Grace Modl and Therese Merkel, high overall score, buying and merchandising team decision making;
- Natalie Schmidt, high overall score, hotel and lodging management; and
- Jarrett Keen, high overall score, automotive services.
Also recognized were Kayla Muckerheide and Maikong Vang, who earned a medal in travel and tourism decision making.
The Hamilton DECA chapter received fifth place in the Chapter of the Year award and the Community Service Award; and was recognized with the Acts of Kindness award for its adopt-a-classroom project.
The State DECA Career Development Conference will be held March 19-21 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Conference Center in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.