The Get Connected Parent Network has planned two events for parents.
- “Parenting Children to Prevent Substance Abuse” will be the topic Dec. 13 when Paul Zenisek presents. Zenisek is a senior psychotherapist who works for Aurora Psychiatric Hospital’s Adolescent Substance Abuse Program.
- FBI Special Agent Eric Szatkowski returns Jan. 9 to present his popular program “Internet Safety: The Dark Side of the Internet -Sexual Predators of Our Children.” Szatkowski will talk about the dangers of the Web and how to protect your children. Free child care will be available at the January parent session.
Both programs will be from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Large Group Area at Templeton Middle School, N59 W22490 Silver Spring Drive, Sussex.
The Get Connected Parent Network is supported by United Way of Waukesha County and is designed to help parents navigate children through their school years by providing:
- age-appropriate information;
- networking with other parents;
- presentations from professionals; and
- guidance and support.
For more information about the Get Connected Program, please contact Kristin Hasbrook at (246) 1973 ext. 1128.