Parents of middle school students will have an opportunity to better understand how to support their adolescent children as the Hamilton School District offers a new class. Get Connected is a 3-night class offered to Templeton Middle School parents interested in connecting with other parents and professionals who will help guide them through the often rocky road of parenting an adolescent.
The classes will be Nov. 3, 10 and 17 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Templeton Middle School, N59 W22490 Silver Spring Rd., Sussex. There is no charge to participate.
As children reach their adolescent years parenting takes a new twist. This interactive, informative class will provide parents with tools to use with their children to create a stronger, more effective parenting style.
The class is geared toward parents who:
- are concerned about changes in their adolescent’s attitude or behavior;
- have questions as to what is “normal” behavior;
- see changes in their children due to changing peer groups;
- question if their children may be turning to drugs or alcohol; or
- would like to network with other parents so that a stronger community can be built.
To reserve a spot in the class or learn more about it, please contact the district’s Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse specialist, Kristin Hasbrook, at (262) 246-1978 ext. 1128.