The Hamilton Education Foundation (HEF) recognized Hamilton School District staff members who received grants at the Aug. 29 employee back-to-school program.
HEF granted more than $98,000 throughout the district to support technology, learning labs, classroom equipment, growing music and the arts in the district and professional development for teachers.
The following staff members were grant recipients:
- Peter Dargatz, Karen Deshong, Cate O’Connell and Gretchen Sciortino – Woodside Outdoor Learning Fun (WOLF);
- Addie Starrett – Engaging, Encouraging and Relevant Texts for All Readers;
- David Neubauer and Jim Gornick – Hamilton Band Festival and Commission Project;
- Marquea Goike – Rockin’ Robots iPads and DASH Robots;
- Callie Lauer and Whitney Roth – Teacher’s College of Reading and Writing at Columbia University;
- Misty Draeger – “It Was Just” high school distracted driver program;
- Jay Orlowski and Katie Gleisner – Cardinal Pride, Mindful Inside;
- Julie Greenwald and all elementary fourth grade teachers – Project YETT: Youth Empowered Through Technology;
- Julie Greenwald and Aaron Greenwald – Teaching the Writer Like We Teach the Mathematician: Energizing the Workshop;
- Bronwyn Phillips – Bring Coding to Life;
- Kirsten Schlaman, Rosin Jones, Kris Truelove, Sarah Clement, Rhea Fiorita, Katie Schmanski and Corey Schoonover – The RESET Room: A Regulation Station;
- Ann Marie Pilo, Charlotte Coe and Brooke Boettcher – Summer Institute – UW Oshkosh;
- Beth Buschmann, Colleen Casper, Cheryl Johnson, Amber Schroeder – Coping Strategies for Student Wellness and Academic Success;
- Peter Dargatz – WOLF Part 2; and
- Lori Schlapman, Jana Julka, Kirsten Schlaman, Margy Supa, Colleen Casper, Debbie Grove, Julie Taylor, Katie Gleisner, Beth Buschmann and Terry Krause – Teaching & Practicing Social Emotional Learning Skills and Competencies in Grades K-8.