Two Board of Education seats will be open for school board members during the April 4, 2023, election: one Village of Lannon seat (three-year term ending April 2026) and one At-Large seat (three-year term ending April 2026).
Packets containing election materials such as the Campaign Registration Statement, Declaration of Candidacy EL-162sd form and other pertinent documents will be available Monday through Friday, except holidays and holiday-observance days, at the Hamilton District Office. Those wishing to declare candidacy for school board member may pick up a packet and file Campaign Registration Statements and Declaration of Candidacy paperwork beginning at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2022, through Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023, at 5 p.m. Forms are also available on the Wisconsin Ethics Commission and Wisconsin Elections Commission websites.
An elector in the district is eligible to be a School Board member. Candidate qualifications include (EL-162sd): “At the time of filling the Declaration of Candidacy, a candidate shall meet the applicable age, citizenship, residency and voting qualification requirements…” Candidates will be 18 years of age or older, a citizen of the United States and a resident of the Hamilton School District for at least 28 consecutive days prior to taking office on the fourth Monday in April. Candidates will also affirm they “have not been convicted of a felony in any court with in the United States which (they) have not been pardoned.”
If more than two individuals file a Declaration of Candidacy form for the same position listed above, a primary election will be held on Feb. 21, 2023. The two candidates receiving the most votes during the primary election will have their names placed on the spring ballot for the April 4, 2023, election.
- Official Notice of 2023 Spring Election
- School Board Clerk Memo Regarding 2022 Election
- Campaign Finance Committee/Conduit Registration Statement (Form CF-1)
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Wisconsin Elections Commission for Forms
- Wisconsin Elections Commission
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission for Forms
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission
- Guide for Candidates
- Ballot Access Checklist – School District Candidate
- Campaign Finance Checklist – Municipal and School District Candidates (Form ETIS-8)
- Campaign Finance Overview – Local Candidates
- Hamilton School District 2022-23 Board of Education Meeting Calendar