Goal: All students will be supported to develop social and emotional wellness as it relates to academic, career and life experiences.
Strategies to support this goal include:
- Implement a comprehensive system with universal behavioral and emotional language and expectations.
- Identify social and emotional core competencies to promote well-being and infuse into the curriculum.
- Educate all staff regarding student social, emotional and physical elements that impact learning.
- Further clarify and define what it means to be college and career ready.
Indicators of success include, but are not limited to:
The percent of students participating in 2 or more organized Co-Curricular activities will increase each year.
The percent of students participating in workplace learning or industry credentialing experiences will increase each year.
The percent of students reaching an annual attendance rate of 90 percent will increase each year.
The district will develop a RtI Handbook for behavioral expectations and interventions by the 2019-2020 school year.
The percent of students reporting that they are able to manage their stress level appropriately as measured by student survey data will increase each year.
The percent of students completing Academic and Career Planning extension activities will increase each year.
Action steps and learning activities underway:
- Staff participated in training using EduClimber for behavior data collection.
- A group will be meeting in September to set up the process of collecting data on major/minor behavior infractions.
- Students in grades 6-12 have begun the process of completing Academic and Career Plans for 2017-18.