The Hamilton High School Charger Marching Band is preparing for a busy season of competitions and performances this fall. The band performs at half-time of all home football games and special marching band competitions. The competitions are at:
– Waukesha North High School – Sept. 19 at 7 p.m.;
– Waukesha South High School – Sept. 26 at 7 p.m.;
– Waukesha West High School – Sept. 27 at 1 p.m.;
– Greendale High School – Oct. 3 at 7 p.m.; and
– State Marching Band Championship at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater – Oct. 17 at 8 p.m.
The band’s competitive field show is “Eternal Stories – Music From Scheherazade” and features the music of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. It is arranged by Jair Klarfeld with percussion by Hamilton graduate John Okruhlica. The music evokes images of exotic locales and high adventure and lush beauty. Early reports are enthusiastic from audiences and performers
Hamilton Band Director Jon Waite returned after a one-year hiatus in which he taught, conducted and played in Europe. He said he is happy to be back working with the program again and is looking forward to a great year.
“The community’s support of the band program is most welcome at any of our events,” Waite said.