Woodside Mission Statement
Woodside School is a community of reflective learners that recognizes the differences and challenges all to achieve academic and social successes.
Our accomplishments are celebrated in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
Trust, repect, personal value and researched best practices contribute to lifelong learning for all.
Focus on growth through:
- Lifelong learning
- We share a common mission and vision for our school.
- We teach for understanding.
- We assess to determine student progress toward identified learning goals and to provide feedback for adjusting instruction to improve student learning.
- We work collaboratively to incorporate researched best practices into our teaching.
- We use evidence of results to guide our efforts toward continuous improvement.
- We clearly identify essential learning outcomes for each grade level and align our teaching practices to help all students achieve those outcomes.
- We are committed to life-long learning and high-quality work.
- We prepare students to be creative problem solvers who can be flexible and adapt to a changing world.
- We create learning environments where individuals feel safe and secure and are recognized, valued, and respected for their unique qualities and accomplishments.
- We trust each other to accept different points-of-view and to work for conflict resolution through open, honest dialog in a public forum.
- We encourage individuals to accept responsibility for their own learning, decisions, and actions.
- We value/recognize, share, and celebrate both individual and group success and accomplishments.
Site Plan Tactics
Students will experience social and emotional growth leading to academic success at Woodside School through the strong and nurturing relationship established among all students, all staff and all families.
Students will demonstrate confidence and academic success when they engage in classroom instruction based on best practice; Students who continue to struggle will achieve success through differentiated instruction and intervention to meet their individual needs in mathematics and literacy.
Subcommittees: Math, Literacy, RTI, Technology